Complete or brief history files
With second hand (and new) Morgans becoming more valuable,
it is worth the trouble to have the history of your own Morgan well sorted out
and documented. This can serve several purposes:
- it makes for nice reading!
- at car shows, such as club meetings or concours events,
you have something to show other people that your Morgan is not just a run of
the mill car;
- for certain car events, a well researched history is a
- you are certain that the identity of your car is correct
and that other cars claiming the same identity are at least suspicious;
- in case of an accident, it helps to establish value of
- whenever the time comes to sell your car, you will have a
document to support its resale value.
These history files are not just a few pages put together.
Every car is researched individually and therefore no history file is the same.
Depending on how "eventful" the car's history was so far
and how well documented, the entire file is likely to become between 50 and 100
(A4 size) pages in length, sometimes even more!
Every file in general contains the followings
- general Morgan history
- development of the models up to the car featured
- different kinds of Factory data of the individual
- History of the car, after it left The Factory until
present, as far as can be traced. If the car appeared in road tests or other
publications, a list as complete as possible will be compiled
- Maintenance/repair history of the car, as far as bills or
annual registration documents, MOT tests, etc. are available.
In order to make a history more attractive, items like
contemporary Factory or dealer sales literature or adverts can be provided
either from the extensive spare collection, or by simply searching for them,
depending on the owner's wishes.
If the car itself has never appeared in road tests or
other major publications, these can be added of similar cars.
It is impossible to the list all possibilties. Like when
ordering a new Morgan you have innumerable options, a history file can be
adapted to your own wishes. For instance, if you have never been to The Factory,
a separate chapter can be included about this.
Please enquire about your personal wishes through email@example.com
Recently finished was a history file about a 1950 4/4 Series
I Drophead Coupé. Its owner, Will Lenders, wrote : "The bookwork looks very
complete. You made a detailed job of it. I am pleased to hear that the gear box,
about which I had my doubts, is the original one after all".