The Morgan Factory
The heart of all Morgan activity is of course The Factory. Here it is that all ideas become fruits and eventually turn into cars that cause passion amongst their owners and admirers. It would be easy to fill an entire book about The Factory, but in a web site one has to limit oneself.
Of course, in the early beginnings the Morgan Factory was still located on the main road through Malvern Link, the Worcester Road, where H.F.S. Morgan originally had started his garage together with Leslie Bacon.
After the three-wheeler got better publicity, the demand soon increased and production expanded. This meant that the site at the Worcester Road, which had been enlarged a couple of times, soon was at its limit.
The then still bare piece of land at what's now the crossing of Pickersleigh Avenue and Pickersleigh Road was acquired and the now familiar red brick Factory built.
It was opened in 1919. Also these buildings were expanded a few times, as production increased. In first instance part of the production still took place at the Worcester Road site.
The last department to move from the Worcester Road to the Pickersleigh Road was the Machine Shop. The Worcester Road site was taken over in 1936 by the long time Malvern Morgan-agent Bowman & Acock, who remained there into well in the 1970s.
Sadly, the original Factory was demolished a few years ago and made place for new buildings. An important part of ancient Morgan-history was thus lost. Only the stained glass window was saved and is now in the hands of Morgan-agent Melvyn Rutter.